Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.

To: Gemery@aol.com
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.
From: Mark Shaw <autox@inficad.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:02:16 -0700
Gemery@aol.com wrote:
> I _am_ considering general competitors... take the case of a newcomer who
> builds a street-legal rear engine Civic.  That would only be legal in AM or
> BM (DM & EM don't allow relocation of the engine from front-to-rear or
> rear-to-front).  You seem to be saying that by building such a car before
> they knew autox existed and then persisting to run in AM or BM, that it is
> not an effort worth acknowledging!

You are an exception to support a rule.  In our experience in AZ Region
the problem has existing in the Stock classes, as well.  Also, we have
a variety of PAX classes available (Street Tire, Street Tire Ladies,
Novice, Novice Ladies, PAX Men's, PAX Ladies, and the newly formed
Sportsman) which are generally open to everyone (except for this
gender thing where men cannot compete in Ladies, but Ladies can
compete in all classes).  In this venue even your weird AM Honda
can find competition with another entrant.

If your region is rigid to the rule book on classes (another topic
altogether) then the handling of single-car classes will seem more
difficult and possibly heavy handed.  But those regions chose their
poison to start with....

Mark