Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.

To: autox@inficad.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.
From: Gemery@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:15:39 EDT
Mark wrote:
> Gemery@aol.com wrote:
>  > You're not realizing much about this subject... for instance, where does
>  > lone AM competitor bump to?
>
>  The discussion started with general competitors; and there is nothing to
>  suggest that everyone has the same options.  Somebody who starts out with
>  an AM car has already decided their fate.

I _am_ considering general competitors... take the case of a newcomer who
builds a street-legal rear engine Civic.  That would only be legal in AM or
BM (DM & EM don't allow relocation of the engine from front-to-rear or
rear-to-front).  You seem to be saying that by building such a car before
they knew autox existed and then persisting to run in AM or BM, that it is
not an effort worth acknowledging!

>  All I am advocating here is that we need to open up options for
>  entrants to find competitors without buying another car.  Taking a hard
>  stand against bumping (voluntary or otherwise) doesn't help.

I've not taken a hard stand against bumping.  I'm pointing out the flaws in
your logic of not rewarding a single-car class in situations that bumping
doesn't remedy.  Bumping is not a be-all-end-all for a lack of competitors
in the "higher" classes.

George Emery
gemery@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/gemery