Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.
From: Mark Shaw <autox@inficad.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:16:20 -0700
Randy Chase wrote:
> The "thinking and believing" part are what comprise assumptions. I have
> no idea what book/verse you are talking about (and yes, I know that you
> are figuratively speaking). You are still making that assunption with
> the comment above about "a fragment of a more involved opinion...".
> FWIW... my statements reflect only what I say and are only my opinion.

You still missed my opening statement.  In the net world we cannot possibly
know each other well enough to accept that "my statements reflect only what
I say."  Plus, I find it hard to belive that anyone can capture the complete
essence of their beliefs in a single sentence or two...:-)

We all rely somewhat on snippets of opinion stated as being indicative of
the whole opinion.  When you recite a piece of a larger opinion that I
have seen expressed here on Team.Net before, then I can be expected
to believe you accept that larger opinion.  When you objected you clearly
showed me that you do not.  I gave you an apology, clearly that was not
enough...?

> Do you really feel that *your* opinion is discounted? Do you really feel
> that *you* are not given the same respect as someone more serious than
> you? Do you really feel that this is commonplace? Do you have any
> examples of how this sport "places way too much emphasis on keeping the
> old timers and the "serious" folks happy for fear that the sport will go
> away the minute they get pissed and leave."

Well, let's just say that in my file I have a letter from a couple of
former SEB members who clearly told me that my opinion counts less and
even suggested that maybe I should find something else to go do......
Call me a little tender on that subject....

Mark