Re: Car numbers at Nationals

To: JDOVE@gsvms2.cc.gasou.edu, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car numbers at Nationals
From: "Karl Rickert" <alfakarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:22:45 PDT
>From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
> > If I am a Chief of Timing and Scoring again next year (and I don't >
> >know yet whether I will be), then I *WILL* submit official protests >
> >against cars with unreadable numbers.

>From: Jonathan Dove <JDOVE@gsvms2.cc.gasou.edu>

>Who is supposed to check for numbers?  T&S or Tech?  I don't see >anything
>in the rule book about that.

I would hope that it would be done in tech! And if they were not on the car
or clearly displayed somewhere YOU DON'T PASS GO!

Question: Could a car that has not been tech get to grid and on the course
without being noticed? What are the fail-safe measures at Nationals to keep
this from happening? Is there someone in grid checking for tech stickers?

Karl Rickert
CS #38 Alfa Romeo Spider
TLS #25