Re: Car numbers at Nationals

To: "Andy Poling" <andy@globalauctions.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car numbers at Nationals
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:45:54 -0500
>Yep - BTDT.  Tellyawat David, you go ahead and hide your numbers with silly
>color combinations, and the folks in timing won't count your runs.  Seems
>fair to me...

Tellyawat Andy....why don't you see my car before you go telling me I'm
trying
to hide my numbers?

I'm not trying to say that I feel that numbers should be something we can
make whatever expression we want with (there was a car at the last
Divisional that looked like some kind of modern art number combo...no one
could tell what it was supposed to be).  I was only trying to say that
blanket
statements like 'silver and white don't go together' should be avoided.  My
silver car is dingy enough that white numbers show up just fine.
Personally,
I think that white numbers contrast better on my car than the dark blue ones
did.

I guess I'll just have to make up some hot pink surrounded by neon green
numbers to make you folks happy.  Sheesh.

David Hawkins
4 cars with no names.