new debate question, 1K in 2K?

To: ".Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: new debate question, 1K in 2K?
From: Lindsay Wilson <lwilson1@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:50:11 -0600
Question;

Would it be a 'good thing' to have 1,000+ entries at the
2000 Tire Rack SCCA Solo2 National Championships?

In 1997 we hoped long and hard for the 'magic' 1000 entries
for the 25th anniversary.  Got 927 "competitors" as I recall.
(Check me on that please Rocky E.)  Every year since, we have
talked about the magic 1,000.  What would happen if we actually
got those 1,000 entries?  Not much really, a roughly 10% increase
wouldn't mean much.  We'd hardly notice the extra 100 or so drivers.
BUT, what if in trying to get the 'magic' 1000, 1200 or 1400 show
up?   An extra 300 - 500 WOULD be noticed!  LONG days.  Tight
paddock space, crowded award party, etc.

So, the question I ask;  should an effort be made to get more drivers
to the 2000 Tire Rack SCCA Solo2 National Championships?

        Lindsay