RE: new debate question, 1K in 2K?

To: "'Mark Sirota'" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>,
Subject: RE: new debate question, 1K in 2K?
From: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:39:47 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From:   Mark Sirota [SMTP:msirota@isc.upenn.edu]
Sent:   Friday, September 24, 1999 12:11 PM
To:     Phil Osborne
Cc:     autox@autox.team.net

Why does it take longger at Mineral Wells?  I've never been to a Texas
Region event, mind you, but big sites should make it easier to have a
shorter event, not the other way around.

Mark
Phil writes:
Normally, things are a bit more relaxed at MW, and we allow more time
between heat changes.  Speaking of heat, the site most often is the hottest
place in Texas, and we don't push folks to overextend themselves in the
heat.  Mineral Wells is a large complex and we tend to use a good portion
of it. It may take several minutes to walk to a remote work station.
 Actually, it probably takes about the same amount of time to run events
there as it does in town, now that I think of it, largely due to having
less competitors, and getting 3 cars on course at a time...

We have a core group of folks, usually made up of our 14 member solo board,
who bust their tail most of the day to assure the event runs smoothly.
 Admittadly, we had some timing and scoring problems due to equipment early
in the season, but those problems have been addressed, and lately we are
getting away earlier, with trophy presentation around 330 to 4PM...I don't
think that is unreasonable...especially since we don't start till 11AM...

Phil O.