Re: AP as viewed from fourth place

To: "Jodi Fordahl" <soundtire@email.msn.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AP as viewed from fourth place
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:05:57 -0500
Jodi Fordahl wrote:

>What difference does cost make in this sport. Many people put as
much or
>more money into their autocross cars as is in the RSR.

Don't know about that, but I'm in complete agreement with the
concept that it makes no sense to make rules against a car just
because of its perceived expense.

I also don't know about the specifics of the protest that was
filed, but I do believe that every allowed car/displacement
combination should be explicitly laid out in the Solo II rules.
If it's not there in black and white, then it shouldn't be
allowed through some "back door" connection to road racing rules.
Several years back, the Prepared rules were thoroughly rewritten,
with one of the stated goals being to include all the rules in
one place and eliminate references to the GCR, PCS, GTCS, etc.,
etc. If these references are still necessary, then I'd say the
rules need some more rewriting.

The cost of a specific car should not be a factor in classing,
only its capabilities.

So, tell us how it feels to have folks attacking your car because
they think it affords an unfair advantage?

Jay