RE: ST tire options

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ST tire options
From: "Glen E. Thompson" <glen.thompson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:47:46 -0400
I think John makes a good point here about too many classes.  Smaller
regions, of which Blue Ridge Region is one, suffers from class dilution.
In our last event we had 76 entrants.  John was one of two EP entries.  We
had 15 classes run, AS-GS, SS, ASP, CSP, DSP, ESP, CP, EP, and EM.  Add
street tire classes and just about everyone ends up bumped.

Personally, I'd like to see more classes combined to provide more depth to
a class.  Running in CS, the only cars I ever see are MR2s (usually
Jonathan Roberts which makes my life hard) and the occasional Porsche.  In
1/3 of out events, I end up bumped to BS.  At one event a couple of years
ago I ended all the way in AS.

glen
Glen E. Thompson
Regional Executive, Blue Ridge Region