Re: ST tire options

To: eric10mm@qni.com
Subject: Re: ST tire options
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:02:29 -0700

"Linnhoff, Eric" wrote:

> One down side to the Toyos is that they easily have the softest sidewalls of
> any R tire out there.

I don't have the large measuring instrument you seem to have, but I will
still agree that the sidewall is not stiff. That is why I run the Toyos
at 50psi. It seems to me to work okay down to 47 or so, but below that,
they feel less predictable for my car/style of driving.

P.S. Your test also seems to measure some ability to withstand radial
deflection, not just sidewall stiffness..if I understand how you are
"mounting" your tires. Though it still may be a good relative indicator.
In fact, probably is.

So, where are those 225-14 Kumhos???????

Randy Chase