Re: AP as viewed from fourth place

To: "Tom_Holt" <tholt@starlight.us.dell.com>
Subject: Re: AP as viewed from fourth place
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:56:43 -0500
The BMW wasn't multiple seconds ahead of everybody, either!!

It is just a good FP car - well driven, I might add, from what I have
heard. Isn't that what this sport is all about?? Not who has access
to the most exotic racing machine. (Most of us in AP/FP can't
compete on a $250,000 playing field!!)

Yeah, I know Peter and David - - and I know their background.
Thus the :-). I see them several times a year, normally, they attend
our Divisionals and National warm-ups here in Oklahoma. (Ask
them to bring you along next year). We do chat about the class - to
length, sometimes - and we share a lot of the same opinions. Peter
is every bit as opinionated, even more-so I think than I am. But both
he and David are competitors first and foremost, and  good drivers.
I would like to think I can call them friends.

Unfortunately, I generally have to pit next to them - both at Nationals
and at Divisionals. Doesn't Midas have any shops in Texas?? :-)