RE: Nationals on Asphalt?

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Nationals on Asphalt?
From: "Meyer, Brian J" <Brian.Meyer@Wichita.BOEING.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:25:30 -0500
Loren wrote:

> Our typical entry for an event lately is around 70 or so.  At McConnell
> AFB ("Nationals quality" concrete) we tend to draw more from surrounding
> areas, perhaps 80-90.  Let me go check our rain date, we had an
> EXTREMELY wet event there this spring.  Okay, the official results from
> our April 25th Solo at McConnell show 81 entries.  Does that answer your
> question?
>
> People weren't real happy about working course in the rain, but it was a
> big and wide open course (would have been quite fast in the dry) and was
> a BLAST to drive in the rain.  <Wichita people who were there... now
> would be a good time to comment>

Ok, since you asked...

I was at the McConnell "Slushathon" and I did NOT think it was a blast. I
usually drive pretty well in the rain (FTD once in the rain) but I'd much
rather autocross on a dry surface, on R-compound tires. Sliding around is
fun, but it's much more fun at 1.2 g's IMHO.

-Brian Meyer
Wichita Region SCCA

Read/Deleted 170 msgs on T.N over lunch - that's a personal best.