Re: Stock class reclassings

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock class reclassings
From: Michael King <mapco@att.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:41:51 -0700
on 7/6/00 6:06 AM, Jeff Cashmore at cashmo@spec-rx7.org wrote:

>> I think that if the classing goes through there are gonna be alot of neons
>> going up for sale.  Looking over last year's results the only neon that
>> posted a faster time than the type R was Mr Mark Daddio.  The rest of us
>> mortal neon drivers would get creamed.
>
> So it's ok to get creamed by Mark Daddio in a Neon but not Bob Endicott in a
> Type R?  What's the difference?
>
>> Also keep in mind that there is still more speed to be had out of that ITR
>> while the neon has had all of it's development.  Maybe I'm wrong but there
>> are alot of neon drivers out there who are not going to be served by this
>> reclassing.
>
> And if the new Neon is faster than the old you're not going to be served by
> Chrysler either.  I'm getting the idea that the SCCA likes to shake things up
> every 5 yrs or so.  The Rx7tt had it's day in the sun and so has the 95-99
> Neon.  I like them both because they're relatively cheap and they'll still be
> competative.
>
> Jeff Cashmore

Actually, after a little info from Mark D. last year, I even posted a faster
time in the challenge than all the Type R's at the Pro Finale. I believe the
Neon, personally, would be competitively classed with the Type R. Some
courses, I think the Neon would get creamed, read wipe-open hp courses. But
otherwise, the Neon would keep up. Just my own personal observation here. I
haven't seen the new classings yet, but where did they put the 2001 ACR?

Mike King
Buccaneer Region