RE: Stock class reclassings

To: Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com>
Subject: RE: Stock class reclassings
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:57:20 -0700

>From : http://www.bimmers.com/m3/spotter/dimensions.html

E30 M3 specs
Weight:  2735
0-60:  7.6
1/4:  15.7

AB

Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com> on 07/06/2000 11:07:31 AM

Please respond to Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com>

To:   "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
cc:    (bcc: Andrew Bettencourt/FIELD SALES/Kingston)

Given that the E30 M3 is listed in Stock 5 (and is moving to GS next year -
does anyone remember when that was put up for member input? - I must have
flaked and not seen that) I think that will be even faster than the Type-R.

Just from gathering info from the web (however accurate that is :-) it looks
like the E30 M3 is missing the one thing that all G-Stock cars have - an
Achiles heel.  Follow me for a second:

Type-R - FWD, No torque, narrow wheels.
DSM cars - Narrow wheels, heavy.
E36 BMW, Audi A4 - Heavy, big (relatively)semi-soft.
Prelude Type-SH - FWD, heavier than a Type-R.

The E30 M3 has:

RWD
192 hp, 170 torque.
0-60 in 6.9, but that requires a shift since second is good only for 56.
15x7 wheels.
Weight - 2500-2600 as far as I can tell.

Was it several years ago that Bob Tunnell beat all the MR2 Turbo, 944, etc.
at Wendover in one of these critters?

And indeed I _am_ biased, but at least I admit it!

Kevin McCormick
1997 GS Integra Type-R