Re: Stock class reclassings

To: "Jeff Cashmore" <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock class reclassings
From: "Michael Lee" <solo2inseattle@wa.freei.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:01:17 -0700
The difference as I see it is that, although D-stock and G-stock are very
heavily contested classes.  Bob Endicott won G-stock by about 1/10th of a
second, with all the cars pretty close most of the way down.  Daddio won
class by almost 2 seconds, after that 2 second gap all the cars were pretty
close.
If the neon were on par with the R then there should have been a bunch of
neon drivers up there close to daddio and knocking on the ITR's door.  As it
happened, most of the neon drivers got smoked by that thing.  I know Stacey
Molliker and I know Ron Bauer and neither of them are slouches behind the
wheel.  I've never met daddio or watched him drive but that must have been a
superhuman (and unlikely for us regular joe's to duplicate) effort to get
the car that fast.

> So it's ok to get creamed by Mark Daddio in a Neon but not Bob Endicott in
> Type R?  What's the difference?
>
> > Also keep in mind that there is still more speed to be had out of that
ITR