RE: The Classing Picture As A Whole

To: "Ax List (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The Classing Picture As A Whole
From: "Eric Buckley" <ejbuckley@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:25:04 -0500
Richard Atkins wrote:

> I agree, we try to sell ourselves as having a spot for any car. It seems
> reasonable that somebody who has a stock "stock" car should not have to
> make adjustments, add aftermarket parts to be able to compete with
> others in the same car. As it is now somebody shows up in a stock car,
gets
> beat, ask why and is told "to be competitive you need to make these
changes
> to your car" all which cost money.

I'm glad nobody told me that. I just kept racing my bone stock car
(including tires) until I won an event. Then I figured I was ready to start
changing parts. Every driver I talked to at my first national tour (which I
DFL'd) told me to keep driving the stock tires until I got it right. I am
deeply indebted to them.

Eric Buckley
7 STR: 98 Integra GS/R
St. Louis Region