RE: Meridian tour speeds

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Meridian tour speeds
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:30:54 -0600
Yeah, but........

In my opinion, everyone loves to "open her up" a bit on a course.  The
course that immediately springs into my mind was the first Solotime Midwest
Divisional Championship event at Muskogee in early 1999.  The finish on one
day was a couple of not-too tight curves ending up headed into a "straight"
finish section.  That straight section did have a very wide offset but if
you set up for it properly it was a balls-out, pedal-to-the-metal WOT (very
top of second gear for me) finish.  Which was quite fun.  Oh, and yes there
was lots and lots of straight smooth runoff area in which to shut the car
down after the finish line.

So, every once in a while it's fun to have a "horsepower" course even if you
don't have lots of ponies. Probably more fun if you do have them.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com