Re: 3/25 Course Design

To: "Benjamin R. Martinez" <brmcapri@usa.net>,
Subject: Re: 3/25 Course Design
From: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:12:48 -0800 (PST)
I thought the course was too fast for a
grip-challenged site like 3Com.  I spent a lot of time
in 3rd yesterday and was slipping and sliding all over
the place.  Of course, I was out there on brand-new
Kumhos (which I did buy heat-cycled), but I also got
lots of reruns.

The course was pretty fun, but I'd like to see some
more challenging elements included, such as a good
slalom, maybe a couple offset gates, and/or a box or
two (did I mention I drive a Miata? ;).  I did like
the fact that the course was fairly long, even with
two 3rd-gear sections.

As for the bumps, I didn't notice them nearly as much
as when we were at 3Com for Round 1.  And the finish
didn't seem to cause too many problems.  Putting the
lights at a point where drivers would be on the brakes
as they cross them is a Good Idea!

Overall, a decent course, but there is room for
improvement.

--- "Benjamin R. Martinez" <brmcapri@usa.net> wrote:
> Dear Auto-xing groupies -
>
> So, what did you think of the course today?  I did
> not really get a
> chance to drive it at speed and would like some
> feedback.  Were there
> too many bumps?  Was it challenging enough?  Was it
> too fast?  How was
> the finish?  Did you have fun?

=====
Scot Zediker
mx5_1991@yahoo.com
San Jose, CA

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving."