RE: 3/25 Course Design

To: "'Benjamin R. Martinez'" <brmcapri@usa.net>,
Subject: RE: 3/25 Course Design
From: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:19:23 -0800
I found the course to be a lot of fun, and proved very tricky in unexpected
ways.

My Z loves the speed, you'll never hear me complaining about it being too
fast.  It was just about perfect, never really any need to grab first, and
got close but never actually hit the revlimiter in second.

As for the bumps, no problems here, I was actually able to dial my
suspension a hair tighter than the last two events at the 'stick.

I would personally like a little more navigational challenge.  The first
three events have all been a clear and well defined sequence of cone gates;
no slaloms, no offset boxes, no 180 degree turns with so few cones you have
to define your own line...  The first few events I guess should be on the
easy to navigate side to get the rookies in the grove, but now I'm starting
to long for a little more complexity in my AutoX diet.

To echo what somebody already said about the finish, again I think it was
more difficult than necessary and wound up causing delays.  Just one corner
before the finish was a nice deceptively tight kink, which seemed quite
capable of separating the brash from the cautious, so no reason to cause our
selves more grief at the finish line.  IMHO....

-Carl
So anybody notice the higher camera angle on my AVIs?  Thumbs up?  Thumbs
down?