Re: 3/25 Course Design

To: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: 3/25 Course Design
From: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:26:02 -0800
when i first saw that finish with the huge gap in between the cones straught
ahead my first thought was to blow straight through there and back up to
avoid the DNF.  we actually ended up doing that once.

im glad to hear that other peoples cars were bouncing as in the cobra it was
a brutal ride.  the back end would start bouncing at 60mph and felt like it
was going to take off and come down on the roll bar!

i also blew out an alignment setting, ended up with 10 degrees of toe-in on
the left front :(  thanks very much to the gentleman than loaned me a long
19mm to get it sort-of back to a limp-home setting.

the main problem i had being so low was seeing the right-left chicane in the
back straight, the chalk was invisible over that little bump, and i am so
unused to the speed there was mucho lifting while hunting for that turn.
the pointer cone that was there in the first run group disappeared by the
second run group. i even DNFd there which is now rare for me.

however, a very fun course, if too bumpy for my car.

-james creasy
president, BAPOC www.klio.net/probe
CSP RX7 www.klio.net/rx7
1965 FFR Cobra #1630 www.klio.net/cobra