New Slush Series Rules

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Slush Series Rules
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:13:43 -0700
The Steering Committee enacted new rules for Slush.

As you know, there has been a lot of discussion about how to
make the Slush Series work, with the likelihood that there will
be no fewer entrants, and as days get shorter and daylight
savings time ends, it will be impossible to complete the event
before dark even with flawless execution.  Add to this the
Golden Gate Fields restriction that we can't start until 10AM.

The committee voted to restrict entry to SCCA members carrying a
valid membership card.

This means that new people will have to apply for membership
and wait until the card arrives -- perhaps 3-4 weeks -- before they
can run.  Though memberships will still be sold at events, they won't
be good for running events until the card is returned.  New prospective
entrants will be welcomed to the rookie course walk, and will be
able to review the rules and work out their car classifications at
events before their cards arrive.  Interested people may be able to
get rides with other drivers to get some exposure to autocrossing
before their first SCCA event.

It's regrettable that we have to restrict entries at all, but the situation
seems hopeless otherwise.  We'll see how this works out before
enacting any changes for the 2001 Championship series.

Another change:  Slush trophies will only be awarded
to those who compete in at least three events.  We may have as
few as four events in the series, so watch out!

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!