Re: New Slush Series Rules

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Slush Series Rules
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:58:04 -0700 (PDT)
>Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 16:44:46 -0700
>From: "Debbie Cunningham" <bartsmom@mindspring.com>
>Subject: Re: New Slush Series Rules
>
>I, for one, am VERY disappointed with the new rules.  I had been planning on
>competing in the Slush Series all season long.  I had been planning on
>purchasing my membership at the first event, which is 10/1.  I would have
>purchased my membership earlier had the Region planned and informed us
>earlier that these were to be the rules.

I am in the same boat with Debbie.  I've been busy with other
activities recently, so I haven't run an SFR event since the
membership requirement was instituted.  I was planning on buying a
membership at the event, because there was a discrepancy between the
fees listed on the two membership forms I found online earlier this
summer, and I wanted to make sure I paid the right amount.

I've been impatiently waiting for October 1st to roll around, when my
friend and I were both planning to take our cars out for our first
autocross in a while.  He may not be current, either.

Oh, well.  Maybe I'll get my card in time for event #3...

PS - I thought that the per-event pre-registration was a good idea.
Whatever came of that?  There's at least one region that does it.
Email is not required, since they accept - gasp! - paper mail.

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94