Re: New Slush Series Rules

To: bartsmom@mindspring.com, Smokerbros@aol.com, gemohler@www.speedtoys.com,
Subject: Re: New Slush Series Rules
From: Pilixx@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 20:27:47 EDT
Debbie and all others who are not members

For all of you that have a trial membership - that membership is good through
the first two winter slush events - until 10/8/00 - if you applied at  the
first event we had them available (7/9/00).

Additionally, here is the link to the membership application... If you call
them (SCCA) I'm sure you can fax them the membership application and pay by
credit card to expedite your card along.

Pilar Miranda
SFR Chapter Solo II Treasurer
In a message dated 9/23/00 4:50:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bartsmom@mindspring.com writes:

<< > Actually, until they get their SCCA card, they have no paperwork to prove
 it.
 >  In any other organized sport, you have to think a bit ahead to compete.
 > That's all we are asking.
 >
 > CHD

 I, for one, am VERY disappointed with the new rules.  I had been planning on
 competing in the Slush Series all season long.  I had been planning on
 purchasing my membership at the first event, which is 10/1.  I would have
 purchased my membership earlier had the Region planned and informed us
 earlier that these were to be the rules.

 Now it appears that my planning ahead was for nought because my plan was
 based on assumptions that others would not change the rules at the last
 minute.  Hence, there is no way for me to compete in the Slush Series, being
 as it will take 3 0r 4 weeks to get a steeenking card.

 I understand and appreciate your reasons for making this last minute switch,
 but feel that it should have been planned out and announced in such a manner
 so that it was not last minute.

 You have not asked for planning ahead as that will do no good.  You have
 just barred people from participating in this event at all.

 Debbie*Very Bummed :~(* >>