Re: New Slush Series Rules

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <gemohler@www.speedtoys.com>, <brooks@frnk.com>
Subject: Re: New Slush Series Rules
From: "Debbie Cunningham" <bartsmom@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 16:44:46 -0700
> Actually, until they get their SCCA card, they have no paperwork to prove
it.
>  In any other organized sport, you have to think a bit ahead to compete.
> That's all we are asking.
>
> CHD

I, for one, am VERY disappointed with the new rules.  I had been planning on
competing in the Slush Series all season long.  I had been planning on
purchasing my membership at the first event, which is 10/1.  I would have
purchased my membership earlier had the Region planned and informed us
earlier that these were to be the rules.

Now it appears that my planning ahead was for nought because my plan was
based on assumptions that others would not change the rules at the last
minute.  Hence, there is no way for me to compete in the Slush Series, being
as it will take 3 0r 4 weeks to get a steeenking card.

I understand and appreciate your reasons for making this last minute switch,
but feel that it should have been planned out and announced in such a manner
so that it was not last minute.

You have not asked for planning ahead as that will do no good.  You have
just barred people from participating in this event at all.

Debbie*Very Bummed :~(*