Re: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?

To: donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Any recommendations on Brake Pads?
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:33:58 EST
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

         Don's right. Motul 600 is an excellent brake fluid. It has a 585
degree dry boiling point but it also has a 400+ degree wet boiling point.
Brake fluid is hydroscopic, it absorbs water. The high wet boiling point
keeps the fluid from boiling
unlike many of the other fluids. Many people use the Ford fluid because it
has a 545 degree dry boiling point and is cheap. Unfortunately is has a 285
deg wet boiling point. I've boiled the ford fluid on the track one day after
installing it. I haven't had any brake fluid problems since I switched to the
Motul. FWIW.

      Larry