Re: In General Comments

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Subject: Re: In General Comments
From: "James B. Horn" <jamesbhorn@outerbounds.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 22:25:54 -0700
When I got the great deal for the carb's ($150 Pair new) I assumed that this
was a common occurrence. then I went looking for a manifold -- no luck, so I
asked this remarkable machinist that I had the pleasure of knowing to make
me adaptor plates. He machined out of 1" aluminum plate these two identical
works of art. The bores exactly match the carb bore and the manifold bore,
so each hole is eccentric and conical. I went with K&N filters and have room
to the fender well. I also wrapped the exhaust manifold with fiberglass tape
to try to cool it down. So now I am at the difficult stage.