Re: Seeking MGB Tonneau Advice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seeking MGB Tonneau Advice
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 11:29:31 +0000
Lmacy1211@aol.com wrote:

> Wahl as I do not have a soft top I use the tonneau always.

OK... it is never any fun unless you have some divergent opinion, so for
the other side I submit that I can't help chuckling if I see someone
actually driving with the tonneau cover on...  I don't know why but
seeing this head poking out through the cover makes me laugh, therefore
I personally wouldn't do it - purely personal taste on this one.

Two other reasons being:

a) the tonneau that came with my little primrose car is WHITE (urrk)
which means that after many months sitting folded up in the boot/trunk
it is also dirty and has creases.  Basically it doesn't look very flash
at all - I *must* get it painted/coloured black!

b) if I ever need to protect the inside of the car (remembering that I
never drive with the tonneau on) I simply put the non-origami top up.  I
have timed myself and it takes less than a minute (thirty seconds if I
am stopped at lights and it has started to rain :-) which is quicker
than getting the tonneau out of the boot and putting it on -  and I
don't even have to get out of my seat!

My 0.02 euros worth

Eric
'68MGB MkII