Re: Seeking MGB Tonneau Advice

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seeking MGB Tonneau Advice
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 03:43:48 +0509
Max Heim wrote:

> Now Eric -- certainly you don't have an objection to the tonneau being
> attached and snapped down neatly behind the seats as *two* people go
> for a drive, do you?

Nope! But if *I* did this then the top would not be in position for the
quick move. :-)

And by the way... I timed myself properly after I wrote my last mail and
to reach behind me, pull the top up and over, snap the two clips on and
the four required press-studs takes.... 8/9 seconds (hence my being able
to do this at a red light and hence my reason for not stowing the top
right down behind the seats, which causes some purists and some
top-preservationists some anguish)

> BTW I have never seen a white tonneau, but I admit that must be a
> serious deterrent to use.

It is seriously an ugly thing to behold (ooops, this is in my opinion
only of course - I am certain there are some who *love* white tonneau
covers - I'll swap you).

> Different strokes...

Absolutely!

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS Yes we do have serious sun here (it *is* Australia)... but not at the
moment with an extremely savage cold-snap, gale-force winds and driving
rain being the order of the day for our Queen's Birthday holiday weekend
- Happy Birthday 'Liz.  And Good luck to those hill-climbers that were
braver than me in this weather today.