Re: Seeking MGB Tonneau Advice

To: <BobMGT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Seeking MGB Tonneau Advice
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:48:29 -0700
Bob,

I'm a little slow in reading my email this week, so pardon me if you have
received enough answers already!  I use the full tonneau on my 78B and love
it.  I have the headrest pockets and they do not line up at all.  However,
this is not a problem.  I just pull up on the lever that releases the seat
back, allowing each one to tilt forward (as you would to access the back
shelf).  The headrest then can line up with the tonneau while it is
deployed.  On colder days, I keep the passenger side covered--it keeps the
cold wind off my legs.  When I park, I cover the entire interior,
protecting from sun, rain, bird droppings, etc.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if I need to explain any of this a bit more
clearly.

Regards,
Scott

----------
> From: BobMGT@aol.com
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Seeking MGB Tonneau Advice
> Date: Saturday, June 12, 1999 9:23 AM
>
> I'm thinking about getting a full tonneau for my '71 B. Do you tonneau
users
> out there like them? What's involved with the installation? Which make is

> best? Should I get the tonneau without the headrest pockets? I'm
concerned
> that the pockets won't line up with the way I have the seats adjusted. I
took
> the locking springs out of my headrest stems so I can easily remove them.
> could stow the headrests when the tonneau is on. Anybody doing this?
Thanks