Re: Originality

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Originality
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 09:22:39 -0400
At 08:12 AM 4/15/2001 +0100, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:
> >> Do you have a working Boot Light?   I took the lens off mine today to
> >> check the wiring and replace the bulb, and there's nothing there!

FYI
The TR6 boot light assembly is the same as the Spitfire's.  Available from
the usual vendors.

The switch (on my USA car) is actuated by the bootlid hinge arm on the LH
side.  I can't remember if you can actually see it from the rear of the
car, but it's easy to find by reaching in with your hand.

<rant>    Mine has actually worked for the last six months -- meaning I
can't leave the bootlid open in the garage!  [When you need to count on a
Lucas component working in a certain way, it doesn't!]    <rant off>  ;-)

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire (with bootlid closed to prevent battery run-down)
Succasunna, NJ USA

///