Re: Hardtop Fit Question - 78 Spit

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardtop Fit Question - 78 Spit
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 22:44:43 +0100
In article <20011009.134603.-731265.20.bradrichardson@juno.com>, Bradley
D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com> writes
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd be concerned about having to "sit in the
>seats and push on the windscreen frame until it moves enough to put the
>hardtop on".

With all the other things to worry about with this car, a slightly
bendable windscreen frame is definitely not a high priority for me.

>  Seems to me like you're begging for a foot thru the glass,
>or breaking it some other way.

That's what I thought the first time I had this problem, but the amount
of effort you have to put to move the frame away from you by a couple of
millimetres is not that great, and can be controlled.

>  My hard top still fits just fine, and
>it's been driven plenty with the tops off, or the soft top up pulling on
>the windscreen.

But your DPO probably didn't play Bodie and Doyle with your
windscreen...

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"