Re: Removing Brake drum screws...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removing Brake drum screws...
From: jsnyder@snicc.dseg.ti.com (James A. Snyder)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 10:29:41 CDT
Another tool that is handy for screws like this is a hand impact driver.
(at least it works good before you strip the slot) Mine looks like a
solid pipe about 1.25" diameter and about 8 " long. It has interchangable
bits for phillips, slot head or 1/2" drive sockets. You twist the driver
as if to loosen the screw and hit it with a 2 - 3 lb hammer. The force
of the hammer blow is translated into a twisting motion as well as driving
the bit into the screw slot (to prevent stripping the slot.) I don't know
where these are sold any more (I bought mine from Sears about 20 yrs. ago)

Jim S.