Re: thermostat

To: Bumper <bumper@erols.com>
Subject: Re: thermostat
From: Scott Paisley <scotty@csn.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 08:30:07 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bumper,

You may want to use 60% water 40% coolant.  or even 70/30 in
the summer.  Water will dissipate heat better than antifreeze,
moving the heat from your engine to the radiator.  Many racers
use this technique so I believe it to be true.  Use some
antifreeze as it acts as a lubricant for the water pump.

In the winter you can simply drain a portion of the mixture and
add straight anti-freeze to get your strength up.

I use 50/50 but I haven't had any cooling probs.

Cheers,

-Scotty '75 TR6