Free advice

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Free advice
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 20:55:50 -0700
Triumph Fans,

I really didn't mean to start a string. Sometime it just happens,
depending on other's feeling about the same subject. I was only posting a
gentle reminder to those who use this list, that they are tapping into a
great resource of experience to keep their cars on the road and running
properly.

Sometimes the people who respond to questions may not guess correctly.
Maybe, because of lack of sufficient intial information, maybe because
they never had that exact same problem and they are providing a
calculated guess. Many are the times they'll go to the garage to consult
their cars, or their manuals, to try and provide a knowledgeable
response. All to help someone they've never met, and maybe never will.
That kind of dedication to the marque deserves some sort of response. In
this day in age, where we're not sure if our servers are talking to each
other, it's at least good to know our message got through. A simple
"thanks for the suggestion" would suffice. My guess is that it would take
you less time to do that than they spent on sending you their help.

Most who responded thought I was basically correct in my observations.
One thought I was a whiner. One who responded (from my own local club,
even) thought it was wrong to respond on a one-to-one basis, not making
the knowledge available to the general list. Perhaps he's right.

Getting back to my original proposal, when someone takes the time to help
you, please, at least, acknowledge their effort.

'nuff said.

Let's get back to keeing our cars on the road!

Charlie B.
Spitfire Pilot