snubbed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: snubbed
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 17:07:21 -0400 (EDT)
>  Evidently,  there are a lot of people driving LBC's that never experienced
the  camaraderie(sp) of the 60's.

In my memory that was very Marque- and Model-specific, e.g. it was highly
presumptuous for a Triumph to wave at a Jaguar, and even Austin Healey
owners were likely to snub a Triumph.  Triumphs and MGs being on more
equal footing didn't want a friendly wave so much as a good drag race, and
even some TR owners haughtily would look down upon Spitfire pilots.
Maybe the camaraderie among LBC-ers today is even greater than it was in
the '60s and '70s.

        When I do get a wave or a flash of headlights
>  these days I know I've found a true afcianado. I guess that makes the
>  experience better than if every Miata or Mitsubishi Eclipse waved or
>         Maybe it's a custom that needs to be revived.
>  Greg Wolf

Indeed, it should be revived.  And even more importantly what happened to
the wonderful old custom of flashing ones highbeams to warn oncoming
drivers of a speed trap in their direction.  Thats one tradition that I
miss even more...

-KevinO
Fighting yet another moving violation, this time passing a red, but
officer I swear it was still yellow...