Re: cars to hate

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Subject: Re: cars to hate
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 23:57:04 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard;

I thought it would be a good segue from the Miata thread. We'll see if
everyone follows it. :-)  I just bought the GT6+ before I filed for divorce
(middle age crazy) and when I went to pick it up my ex and her mother went
along to drive the Explorer home, to follow me and to pick up any LBC pieces
that might fall off (her joke). The funny part was that when I drove it out
of the warehouse my mother-in-law recognized it instantly as the same car I
drove when I was dating her daughter. It always annoyed her when I drove up
at 11PM, dropped off her daughter and blipped the throttle so I could hear
the "RAGGGAAA" from the Stebro exhaust system (hey, whatever happened to
those guys). They must have both figured i had lost my marbles and reverted
to a 20 year old (hell, I've always was and always will be a 20 year old). It
didn't take too long after that to realize that paying huge monthly payments,
getting tickets, replacing tires every 12,000 miles and the insurance
premiums on my Mits 3000 GTVR4 was ludicrous when more fun could be had with
the GT6+. I hadn't turned a wrench in years and in one weekend I regained my
happiness and I do believe that the GT6+ contributed to getting me back to my
roots. LBC's forever!

Hey, my new significant other doesn't want to marry becasuse she believes
married people take each other for granted. She also supports my GT6+ rebuild
and would like to own a white LBC......do I see a TR6 in our future? You
betcha!

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan