Flashing headlights is illegal??

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Flashing headlights is illegal??
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:07:04 -0700 (PDT)
I can't beleive you could get a ticket for winking your lights at
someone.  It doesn't make sense, the 90something Pathfinder at work has a
switch that flashes the hi-beams (using the same lever that controls the
lights- ie, pull to flash, push to leave on)... is there another use for
this?  I doubt it.

Around here, the norm seems to be to wave to fellow LBCs (I got snubbed
by a Porsche tho :-( ) and to wink one's lights when there's a photo
radar or speed trap nearby.

BTW I went to our local brit car show this past weekend... ran out of
film in the camera.  There weren't any TR4s!  Seemed to be everything
but, (except Vitesse) - was even a 'Triumph' Van (Standard) and a
Mayflower.  Lots of other nice cars too.

-Malcolm

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.