Re: Flashing headlights is illegal??

To: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Flashing headlights is illegal??
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:21:01 -0400
Cc: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
John L. Walker wrote:
> I can't beleive you could get a ticket for winking your lights at
> someone.  It doesn't make sense, the 90something Pathfinder at work has a
> switch that flashes the hi-beams (using the same lever that controls the
> lights- ie, pull to flash, push to leave on)... is there another use for
> this?  I doubt it.

  Well, it has uses other than warning people about
speed traps, which you can't really deny is sort
of sidestepping the law.

  Don't get me wrong, I do it myself and am very glad
when somebody does it to me. But it can't really be
argued that this behaviour is really "in the spirit
of lawfulness".

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada