Re: Flashing headlights is illegal??

To: dstauffa@csc.com
Subject: Re: Flashing headlights is illegal??
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:54:18 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
dstauffa@csc.com wrote:

> The only problem I've
> had Stateside is flashing my headlights when cruising down the freeway fast
> lane.  No one seems to know why I'm flashing my lights.   They just proceed
> slowly.  D**m American drivers!
>
> Dave,
> San Diego,
> 1970 TR6 - with a new set of floorboards and spare tire pan!

Amen Brother!

Here in Florida old people drive with an absolute disregard for traffic
laws.  It's like every other car in the left lane is a late 80's Caddy
with a guy in a hat doing 48 miles an hour, right turn indicator blazing
away for apparently no reason other than to make it perilous to try to
slip by on the right when there's an opening, in case old Willard
actually decides that the planets have FINALLY come into the proper
alignment indicating the time has come to actually vacate the FRIGGING
FAST LANE!!  I mean,  I really don't think their families would allow
them to drive any more if they only knew what Gran and Gramps are
perpetrating on the roadways of the Sunshine State.

But no, *YOU* people just pack 'em off to come live down here...   Out
of sight, out of mind, eh?!?  Yeah right, out of *YOUR* sight, in *MY*
GOLDANGED LEFT LANE!

And you CANT even be obnoxious to them 'cause it's somebodys Grandma and
Granpa..  It's like you *HAVE* to be nice to them just because they went
off and fought World War Two and that stuff.  And when you finally DO
get past them it's like some little old guy craning to see over the dash
of the LAC (Large American Car) and looking confused.  So you're stuck
behind these geezers for twenty five miles, all the while wanting to
flash them, sit two feet off their bumper with the horn blaring, wave
your hands around in a menacing manner, scream obscenities like you had
Turettes Syndrome....  But you can't because it's some old lady with a
name like Ida.

(I'll bet it's even worse for my Tampa brethren...)

Sorry for the lack of LBC content...  Ummm, how 'bout "I'm frequently
blocked while driving my TRIUMPH"

There.

John

--