Re: Why do you drive Classic cars

To: Irwin Armstrong <armstrong@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Why do you drive Classic cars
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 08:11:37 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I don't think that there are any common answers to this question. For me
, it started as a means of getting the car I'd been denied when I first
started to drive.

Now, the reasons are many.

Ego- proving I can take a chunk of scrap metal and reverse entropy to
the point that it looks almost new.

Thrills - driving a classic puts you in touch with the road on a level
not possible with a modern car, and to top it off, They're not
particularly safe in an accident either.

Nostalgia - recapturing a bit of lost youth, or experiencing something
from another era, depending on your age.

Finally the thing I've enjoyed the most these few days is

Other Peoples Reactions - curiosity, nostalgia, excitement, amusement,
agression. I've seen all of these things and more.

In a town where an MGB or Austin Healy can be seen on any nice weekend,
the TR3 is still unseen - until now. I like that.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - Now on the road!