Re: Why do you drive Classic cars

To: Irwin Armstrong <armstrong@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Why do you drive Classic cars
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 09:52:22 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Irwin,
I must say that all the responses I have read so far are valid and apply
to some degree im my case.  But my fascination with Spitfires stems from
a 40 year love affair that began when I first learned to drive.  I saw a
Mk1 in a dealer showroom and swore that before I died, I would own one.
It took a number of years and a few other LBC's (including some nice
MG's) but I finally got one, restored it and was so pleased that I
bought a second one.

The thrill of throwing it around tight turns, seeing the smiles, waves
and thumbs up from passing observers are a constant reminder of how
exciting the car is (as if I really needed convincing).  Of course, I
get a number of "What is it'? comments" from the younger generation, and
I expect most feel the same as a group of youngsters who passed me in an
older Mustang a few days ago and yelled out the window, "I like your
car".  That is reinforcement enough that I have made the right choice.

Joe

--

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer