Re: The re-emergence of Triumph?

Subject: Re: The re-emergence of Triumph?
From: "Mark the Shark" <markie@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 17:37:26 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I agree with you Jonmac but if BMW wants to market a English saloon in the
US what would they call it?  The most successful saloon nameplate in the US
that B/L owned was Jaguar.  At least Triumph would have name recognition.
Rover pretty much means nothing over here (unless it has "Land" in front of
it), their two failed attempts at marketing cars here were short lived.
Really BMW's only alternative would be to use the MG nameplate.  For as much
as I would like to see the return of Triumph I take no joy in seeing Rover
disappear.

Since the Rover Group owns most of the British nameplates my other thought
would be for BMW to rotate nameplates until they find one that sells!

1981 TR8 DHC FI
Raleigh, NC