Re: The re-emergence of Triumph?

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Subject: Re: The re-emergence of Triumph?
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:22:24 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu

Even when these were new, they were not cheap!  I have the original bill
of sale on my 1960 TR-3A.  It came with OD, steel top, etc. and cost
approximately $3,100.  This was the amount I paid for the first new car I
purchased: a 1971 Mercury Montego 2-door hardtop, with the 351 Cleveland.
The new price of the TR-3A was comparable to a Buick, at the time.
This was not like buying a Mercury Tracer, or Honda Civic!

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> I think everyone has missed the boggest point of all.  Ordinary people
> could afford the buy Triumphs in the old days.  Who can afford to buy
> one today??  It doesn't matter what they make.  People seeking status
> with money to burn will buy them.  People looking for a real sports
> car will still be looking for 30 year old ones!!
>
> bill
>
> --
> Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
> bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
> University of Scranton   |
> Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>

James A. Ruffner