Re: Clutch Master Cylinder

To: Mark Gendron <mgendron@speakeasy.net>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Master Cylinder
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 10:04:41 -0800
Listers,

My brake and clutch reliner, Robin Yates of Superior Friction in San Jose,
CA, said that in his opinion, brass was far superior to stainless for the
sleeves. He said he has had to drill out pistons from stainless resleeved
cylinders but never from a brass resleeved cylinder.

The brass sleeve seems to be harder than the original bore in the aluminum,
diamaloy, pot metal, or whatever those Girling parts are made of. My new
brass sleeved parts surely look great. Only time will tell!

Apple Hydraulic resleeved my clutch slave and one of my wheel cylinders. (I
wish I had done my master cylinders too!) Took a couple of weeks to and from
and cost $40.00 each plus shipping. Of course, NFI & YMMV.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA