RE: Clutch Master Cylinder

To: greenman62@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Clutch Master Cylinder
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:15:59 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>This begs the question... "Why?"
>
>  Why resleeve a master cylinder when a replacement is currently
>  available? Only a "dyed in the wool" freak for originality would
>  pay more to resleeve anything than it would cost for new, new old
>  Unless the part was totally irreplaceable... Like "company's gone
>  out of business, none, repeat none of the originals are left...
>  gone forever... you'll not see them again... finished... kaput"...
>
>  Yeah then I'd probably have it resleeved... if a good new
>  substitute couldn't be found...
We'll, the *new* dual master cylinder for my 70 GT6 was well over $300.
Getting my old one re sleeved for less than half that sounded pretty good
to me - It's been in the car for quite a few years now -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)