Re: business ethics

To: spitlist@gte.net, 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: business ethics
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 01:27:04 EDT
Cc: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
In a message dated 05/30/2000 7:56:07 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
spitlist@gte.net writes:

> And you just might find yourself in Dutch with the authorities for unfair
> pricing practices.  If you list prices, you have to stick
>  with them.  Discounts must be done according to a published discount
> schedule based on some formula (like volume).  Generally, problem
>  customers are handled by the old "We reserve the right to refuse service
> anyone." statement.
>
>  Joe

You from California Joe?  Big brother seems to be alive and well out there.
We we first got together my wife was embarassed by my "Is that your best
price?" attitude, even in department stores.  But now she participates.  You
don't ask and you don't get.

"UH...that Polo shirt is missing a button, is it discounted?"

And almost everywhere you DO NOT have the right to refuse service to
anyone..not if you are basing it on race, color, national origin or the other
things we tried to get behind us years ago..

R. Houston