Re: business ethics

To: DRSkruffy@aol.com
Subject: Re: business ethics
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 22:15:17 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I am quite sure I am right.  The difference is only if the seller has a
"PUBLISHED" price list.  Most of the larger suppliers we all
buy from do and for the most part they stick to it.  However some of the
smaller ones have their own "Price Guide" which they will not
show their customers.  Try this out sometime.  Call a local independent parts
house and ask for pricing on any part.  Write it down and
call back later and ask about the same part.  If you get the same price quoted
the second time, tell them that you can get it at a
better price at another store and ask if they can meet or beat theirs.  Chances
are they will.

That, by the way is one of the exceptions to deviating from the published
prices.  Generally, there has to be some documented evidence
that a "Meet Comp" price is in effect before special pricing can be legally
granted.

In summary, the only reason retail vendors would be exempt from this practice
is if they DO NOT publish their prices (i.e. send out a
catalog).

Regards,
Joe