Re: business ethics

To: DRSkruffy@aol.com
Subject: Re: business ethics
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 19:22:14 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
It's been in effect at least as far back as the mid 70's when I was in charge
of the dealer parts department at Texas Instruments.  It
seems that if you do not publish your prices, you can sell anything for what
ever you want.  But if you do publish your prices you are
bound by law to stick with them.  The only exceptions are really not exceptions
at all but rather published discounts based on some
rational formula.  Most of the time it is volume related.

A lot of companies get in to trouble trying to go after different market
channels with the same product.  Direct marketing vs
distributors is probably the most troublesome proposition.  That is why you
will find slightly different model numbers for things like
computer printers marketed by Costco vs. Hewlett Packard Value added Resellers.
 If you look, you are positive it is the same product.
The name has been changed to protect not the innocent but the manufacturer.

Joe