Re: TR3a handbrake

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a handbrake
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:22:56 +0100 FILETIME=[156F1C70:01C0D1AB]
Suzie:
> > I can confirm that Baby blue (FD16410), a 1968 Mk III did have the
fly-off
> > handbrake - until *Bodgitt & Scarper* got their hands on it and
converted it
> > for me during her rebuild - thank you? I don't think so!
> >
> > I'm now on the lookout for the parts to convert it back, if anyone can
help,
> > I've gathered they're not the most common of items to find these days.

Joe:
> The "Fly Off" hand brakes were only fitted to the Mk3 model up to
Commission number FD16482.  So if yours is made it just under the wire.
Afterwards,
> the "Fly On" type was fitted through the end of Spitfire production.  I
might have some parts left over from Huxley or the current parts car if you
> can't find them locally.

Suzie:
Hey, she really did come in under the wire, didn't she, maybe just by a few
days depending on how fast they worked back then. That seems a good enough
reason alone to put it back as it was, though I did enjoy, as have others,
seeing other people struggling to release it. <g>

I'll ask around again and see what the likelhood is of finding replacements
here, but please don't throw any possibilities away yet (as if I can imagine
you doing that!)