Re: TR3a handbrake

To: <105671.471@compuserve.com>, <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a handbrake
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:41:51 EDT
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
In a message dated Mon, 30 Apr 2001  9:10:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, David
Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com> writes:

<< I believe the safety nazi's will disagree with that.  It is too easy to
inadvertantly release the brake.  This is probably why the technique has been
abandoned -personaly preference notwithstanding.... >>

Perhaps the real question is: does this serve more as a "parking" brake or
"emergency" brake? Back in my reckless youth, I found my TR3A's "emergency"
brake to be more than up to the task when a hydraulic brake line ruptured
(steel...rusted). I don't remember spending much time...ever...using it when I
parked the car, though.

--Andy Mace

--Andy Mace